Wednesday 22 September 2010

Pope Visit - 16th - 19th September

The Papal visit was always going to be a massive occasion, involving thousands of people. So my pal Dave and I decided to produce 100 t shirts to sell to spectators in London on the Friday and Saturday.

I took the existing Papal symbol, and made it a lot sharper and more graphic.

We ordered in 100 plain t shirts, transfers, plastic bags and printer ink, and set about a mammoth ironing session. We created about 12 different coloured shirts and produced this rather attractive product.


We sold out by the Saturday afternoon. It was a great experience, we met some really interesting characters and achieved something from nothing over the space of just 5 days. My only regret is that we didn't make more; we were the only t-shirt sellers at the whole event. Nonetheless, a pleasing entrepreneurial effort.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up- such a little model with the hands in the pockets...

    ReplyDelete