Wednesday 1 September 2010

Lip Synch - Personal

The process this week was;
1) Find voice clip
2) Create character
3) Animate / Lip Synch

I found a great clip by Christopher Walken, from The Wild Side, a film I haven't actually seen, but the quote is so good I had to choose it:

" TEN YEARS!
TEN YEARS, PAL!
IN A CELL!
WITH A GORILLA!
WITH A PSYCHO GORILLA! "
Scenarios immediately presented themselves, but I loved the idea of some poor animal being penned in with a wild, sexually charged gorilla at the zoo, and imagined what 10 years of sheer terror and physical abuse might do to the unlucky specimen. In real life one often sees birds in the same enclosure as the monkeys/gorillas, so I set about designing a skinny, frazzled, disbelieving, deranged bird of no specific type.
And not forgetting the psycho gorilla:

I wanted the set to almost reflect the bird's mental state, namely dark, twisted and confused. The poor thing can only imagine what carnal horrors the psychotic beast has in store for him.


10 years! In a cell! With a psycho gorilla! from Chris Colman on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment